 Marketplace / Shopping / 1219
Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:32:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, James Brown writes:
Yes.  The system MUST have that capability, and it must be accessable.  TRU
would not have become the monolithic chain it has without inventory controls
and excellent tracking capabilities.  However, it is also possible, (even
likely) that the 'average' guy on the floor doesn't know about it, since he
has zero need for it.  My information has come from someone who likes to poke
around in the corners of strange computers, to find out what they do ;)

So the $64k question is, kids:

We can probably assume from what you guys have said that SOMEONE in the TRU
corporation, not necessarily someone at a store, could, if they wanted to (and
you'd think they would- we're going to spend a LOT of money on these), tell us
when we'll see the sets on shelves. The question is- How can we get this
supposed person(s) to tell us? Any ideas?

Chris (who hates seeing the cool stuff he can't have) Lannan