 Marketplace / Shopping / 1276
Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:46:05 GMT

Ray Sanders wrote:

Let me tell you about computers.... Don't ever trust them... ever !

<short story>

a few weeks back I visited a certain TRU. I noted that they had two 6335
Indy Transports on the shelf. On that particular day, I was not thinking
'Town', so I just filed it away in brain for future reference. Then,
this morning, I decided to do a buying run for various things. The first
TRU I visited (different town, 100+ miles away) I asked them to check on
availability of that SKU. They checked and said none were available in
any store in this region. Drat, somebody got em.

Later, the day wears on, the miles add up. Towards the end of the day, I
keep wondering about those two 6335s. So I go and visit that store (a 35
mile detour on the way home). I talk to the manager, he looks on his
screen and says 'nope, we don't have any'. I go back to the Lego aisle
and poke around looking for whatever I can find interesting. I pick up a
box off the shelf, and lo, there they are. Both of them. With Indys in
hand, I go find the manager and show him. He could not believe it. Off
by one maybe, but not two! This time I did the smart thing and bought them.

Moral: even when the computer says 'ZERO STOCK', go and look, just to be sure.

They may have been returns or exchanges. I could easily see these not
getting back into stock.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com