 Off-Topic / Debate / 2554
Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:13:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
Yep.  The current problems with incompetent low-brow labor have nothing to do
with minimum wage, and everything to do with the job market.  Employers have • to
hire anybody they can, and the situation is clearly demonstrating that not • just
anybody is adequate for jobs "anybody can do".

Steve

Here's a customer service horror story for you that has nothing to do with
minimum wage.
I'm at the airport in Scranton waiting in line at the ticket counter behing
about four other people. There is ONE agent behing the desk not helping any of
us, but instead talking on the phone. I'm thinking- "Well ok, perhaps the
phone rang and she is helping a customer who called in." A few minutes later I
become very POed as she says "Okay, I'll see you later...I love you too...Okay
bye." I could not believe it! She stood there in plain view while customers
waited and talked on a PERSONAL phone call for several minutes!

What really kills me is that I didn't get her name and the name of her
supervisor. Things like that should be reported, I think, and from now on I am
going to be one of those customers that does report bad service to superiors.
The wage-slave grunts may not care about the customer- they really only care
about doing the minimum required to get the minimal amount of money they get
paid- but management usually does care.

Chris "for eight hundred bucks a ticket C*mmair reall treats you crappy" Lannan