 Marketplace / Shopping / 1319
Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:30:10 GMT

Raymond Flournoy wrote:

  I remember once a couple years back they were advertising for holiday help,
and I joked with a cashier that I should work there just to get the employee
discount.  Well, there is no employee discount!  (or at least there wasn't
back then)  I've always wondered *WHY* TRU wouldn't give an employee discount,
when just about every other retailer (and even manufacturers like Sony) give
employee discounts.  My suspicion is that they actually want to discourage toy
collectors from working there because they consider them trouble.  Just a
theory of course, but it jibes with your feeling as well.

Some do, some don't. Consider it a benefit. Meijer's offers a 10% Merchandise
discount coupon every now and then, no groceries. When I worked at Best Buy, you
got an employee discount, but you didn't have a straight percentage, it was
anywhere from 1-50% off. Weird.

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!