 Marketplace / Shopping / 1245
Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:37:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Timm writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Christopher Lannan writes:

Still, don't you think that if they really cared they would take the time to
tell you the best possible thing to make you happy instead of making you leave
angry.  Any SERVICE worker (keyword there) knows better.  Treat the customer
well, give them honest answers and actually TRY to make them happy and you
WILL have customers who SPEND MORE  in your store.
Works for me,
Aaron

Amen! It's not that I can't wait for the sets, and it's not that I won't buy
them when they hit the shelves. It's more more of a principle thing. I LOVE
these huge stores, I LOVE their low prices, I HATE their quality of service
(minimum wage slaves), and the fact that no one customer is anything more to
them than a statistic on a graph. In the town I used to live in, there was a
small privately owned toy store that I would patronize all the time because
they knew me there, would tell me when things were coming in, would order
things for me, and in general acted as though my business was important to
them. Their prices were usually a couple bucks more on any given item, but it
was worth it to me.

It may also be that TRI sells toys, and so doesn't take the wants of customers
as seriously as say, the guy at a major appliance store. They are probably
very used to kids calling all day asking if they have pokemon, tomagotchi,
beanie babies, etc., and have probably adopted this "I don't know and I'm not
going to bother to look" attitude because of that.

Chris "wanting cake and eating it too" Lannan