 Off-Topic / Debate / 2553
Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

The minimum wage is a bad idea, most people, especially here in Ann Arbor, are
around 1-2.00/per hour more anyway, since the labor market is so tight. Never
forget most people on minimum wage are teenagers and college students, not most
people.

Yep.  The current problems with incompetent low-brow labor have nothing to do
with minimum wage, and everything to do with the job market.  Employers have to
hire anybody they can, and the situation is clearly demonstrating that not just
anybody is adequate for jobs "anybody can do".

Steve