 General / 10315
Re: Lego Insurance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:27:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Duane Hess writes:
...I use this to get a ballpark figure on the original price
of the older sets.

Many of the older sets can be looked up in the database here on Lugnet.

While this is useful for the use you mentioned (determining the value of new
sets), it's not very useful for older sets.  I would think that the value of a
set from the early 70's is a lot higher than the set's original MSRP.  When it
comes to insurance, and *shudder* having to go out and aquire an entire large
collection from scratch, the cost would be much greater than original off the
shelf cost.

Ben Roller