 General / 10297
10296  |  10298
Subject:
Lego Insurance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:29:09 GMT

I'm not sure which catagory this belongs in, so I figured it would be safe to
post it here.

I'm going to be moving soon and I'm getting renter's insurance.  Now, I've got
several items that are easy to insure at face value (my computer, stereo,
etc...) but I have two items that are going to be a bit tricky.  one is a
Japanese Sword that was hand-made for me by a swordsmith in Japan.  The other,
of course, is my Lego collection.  I want both of these to be insured as
specific line items.  I can get the sword appraised... The Lego is a different
story.

Has anybody run into this problem?  How did you solve it?  I've been collecting
since I was 4 yrs old, and nearly 1/2 of my collection was aquired as yard-sale
and flea market hauls, so I only know set numbers for maybe 30% of the Lego I
have.  My best guess as to the value of the collection is in the neighborhood
of $6000 - $10,000.  In order to recoupe the value if anything (shudder) should
happen, I need an "official" statement of the value (something that I can
potentially take to court if need be).  Any Ideas?

--Karim