 General / 10305
Re: Lego Insurance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:20:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:

There was a thread on this not all that long ago:

http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=8302

and a whole bunch of suggestions got made.  I recall someone saying that they
took several eBay auction results for sets they currently had to their
insurance agent as an indication of current value.

Thanks for the lead.  Two reaction I have to this thread, having read most of
the posts just now...

1) For those people who simple accept that their collection will be covered
under the general policy, If you have a very large collection, I have a feeling
that the company may well balk when you tell them that you lost thousands of
dollars worth of toys...

2) Most of the really practical suggestions involved looking up the values of
sets... however, in my case, that wont work.  To give you an idea, I have 24
7-gallon rubbermaid tubs full of pieces... 12 divided bins of technic parts,
and 2 18" x 18" x 18" cardboard boxes full of parts that haven't been sorted
yet.  I have documentation of perhaps 50 to 60 sets, which accounts for only a
very small percentage of my total collection.

--Karim (still looking for a solution)