 General / 10308
Re: Lego Insurance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:41:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
Using some of the "xx pounds of Lego!" auctions on e-bay, estimate the value
of your collection.  For the more specialized bits, you might want to use
Auczilla or MA, or one of the large parts sellers (Baylit or another) to work
out an estimate of how much it would take to replace those parts in volume.
In fact, Todd probably has that information already, but I imagine he's leary
of just giving it out, because it holds a lot of value, and represents a lot
of work.

I don't know about, and certainly can't speak for, Todd, but I know that some
people wouldn't give out this info just to keep it from falling into the "wrong
hands" and becoming part of a Lego Price Guide.  Though, insurance purposes
would be a good use of this sort of guide IMO.

Ben Roller