 Pirates / 192
Re: Dear LEGO: Pirate wish list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:38:44 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Why only 16 studs wide eh?  What the world needs is ships. GREAT, BIG,
SHIPS.  How about _24_ studs wide, three midsections.  Buy two of those
babies and we're talking HMS Victory!  The bow section would need to rise up
higher than the existing ones (maybe another four or five bricks).  And
brown - the hulls were brown and black!  I know this idea in particular is
ridiculous - we can barely afford the 16 stud hulls.  But the post said get
out your brains, so I did, and as I look at my brains sitting over there on
the shelf, I'm starting to wonder how getting them out was supposed to help.

You eman the size of the black seas baracuda hulls? or larger?

Oooh, much larger.  For a ship at half-scale the size of Victory, though, you'd
need a hull about 32-36 studs wide...you might be able to put together a good
brigantine or small frigate at 24 studs.  ;)

LFB.