 Pirates / 189
Re: Dear LEGO: Pirate wish list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:21:09 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:

Bugger the Armada, they're really only there for target practice aren't
they? (hee hee)

More of the British navy!

Something for the Pirates to spank.  Armada, Limeys, makes no difference.

Why only 16 studs wide eh?  What the world needs is ships. GREAT, BIG,
SHIPS.  How about _24_ studs wide, three midsections.  Buy two of those
babies and we're talking HMS Victory!  The bow section would need to rise up
higher than the existing ones (maybe another four or five bricks).  And
brown - the hulls were brown and black!  I know this idea in particular is
ridiculous - we can barely afford the 16 stud hulls.  But the post said get
out your brains, so I did, and as I look at my brains sitting over there on
the shelf, I'm starting to wonder how getting them out was supposed to help.

And I agree with the other post about cutters too - we all need more
lighters etc etc.

And some buildings - taverns (yup, cool), warehouses (yup, cool), banks
(ornate two story stone variety, not the shop front rubbish), churches,
barracks, prisons (very important for Australia!).

And a long boat - a boat that's five studs wide so your boat crew can sit
two abreast, maybe 16 studs long, and with decent length oars for two handed
rowing.

And better natives.  Get some appropriately scary Maoris or Aborigines or
Tongans to give the whiteys (yellowies?) something to think about.

I rather think it's more of the europeans scaring the rest of the world.  :-)

And and and and and and and and - that's probably enough eh?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/