 Robotics / 8262
Re: Pure Energy & the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:25:31 GMT

Radio Shack has its own version of these same batteries.

-Wes

Matt Silver wrote:

Instead of posting deep inside the original RXC Output thread, I thought I
start a new one

Pure Energy is a brand of rechargeable batteries.
Pure Energy Battery Corp, Amherst Nova Scotia, Canada      (1-800-868-8756)

They are rechargeable alkaline batteries.  I don't think they consist of any
anti-matter or dilithum crystals ...
They have been on the market for a few years now.

I have switched from using ni-cads because these ones
- charge faster than ni-cads
- go upto 1.5 volts (ni-cads seem to go to 1.2)
- per charge they last as long a new 'regular' batteries
- they cost the same as name brand regular batteries, way less than ni-cads
- they work well in a AA-size flashlight - ni-cads never did for me
- can charge them anytime - claimed to have no 'memory effect' ...
- added bonus - the packaging claims they are environmentally friendly

Since so much stuff uses AA & AAA size batteries these days, I had to try
them.
Works for me.

Everyone sells them (home depot, Wal-Mart, radio shack, etc ...)

Matt