 Robotics / 8294
8293  |  8295
Subject:
Pictures of RCX on external batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:07:23 GMT

Kevin,

I'm already using a set-up as you described. I suppose this is what you
mean:

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/agerstel/battery_pack.jpg

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/agerstel/batteries_rcx.jpg

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/agerstel/NiMH_batteries_on_car.jpg

As you can see, I'm using 8 NiMH cells. This gives approx 9.6 volts. The
motors actually run slightly faster than on regular alkaline batteries (and
a lot cheaper...).

I still keep regular batteries in the RCX, just in case I need to unplug the
external pack, but it runs fine without them.

Enjoy,

Arjen