Re: BubbleBrick Crisis - TL6 Brikwars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:10:52 GMT

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message
news:HKC743.15oD@lugnet.com...

I think there should definitely be teams ... much of the fun comes from • pitting
your strategic prowess against that of the others.  Besides, you of all • people
should recall that even people who are supposed to be working together may
occasionally ... deviate ... and attack teammates!!  And that is, truly, a
beautiful thing.

Shaun, sometimes I have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Also, might this game lend itself to hit points (HP) since we will have
very few units?

Since I'm using all of my CP on one unit, I would prefer to use hit • points so
that I can last longer than my usual 3 turns.

I'm definitely up for this ... especially since most people will only have • a
handful of troops, at most (and in some cases, only one!)  Note that the
information on Hitpoints can be found in section 1.3 of the Brikwars • rules.
Some things to keep in mind if we all decide to go this route:

(1) AV no longer has any application when you use hit points.  Basically, • if the
attacker fulfills the UR requirement, the hit *will* deduct damage from • the
target.  In this way, even a firebreathing dragon could be killed • eventually
base on repeated punches.

Absolutely!  That's what makes it so cool in my opinion (yes, I actually
spelled it out, how quaint of me).

(2) Mechs and vehicles, when destroyed, explode in a fireball with damage • equal
to their AV (or their AV equivalent if hit points are also applied to • vehicles,
which is a possibility).  In many cases, this will still be enough to • vaporize
characters, even if they have hit points.  My suggestion: stay out of
unbelievably huge fireballs.

And this is just icing on the cake!

Of course, you are also implying something here...in order to create our
power-suits (or mechs, potentially), we should be creating them as vehicles
and *not* as alternate species...correct?

- Joe