Re: BubbleBrick Crisis - TL6 Brikwars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:08:11 GMT

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message
news:HKA8z3.45v@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau wrote:

I've also been thinking...the new World City Police sets would work well • in
this scenario, don't you think?  Nothing like a bunch of underpowered,
annoying belligerent people mucking up our battles.

HA!  Exactly!  Actually, you're one step ahead of me ...

Naturally.

I was trying to devise
how we might operate with 3 teams, plus civilians.  Each of the three • teams has
different rules of engagement:

(1) Team ADP Police: may attack Team Villian and/or Team Vigilante, but • must
also protect civilians

(2) Team Vigilante: may only attack Team Villian.  May *not* attack team • Team
ADP, and in fact should try to protect members of Team ADP and civilians

(3) Team Villian: do I even need to say it?  Blatant disregard for all • teams -
may attack Team ADP Police, Team Vigilante, and any civvies who stand in • the way
between them and World Domination

(4) Civilians:  Randomly controlled, except each team gets to roll a 1d6 • at the
beginning of their turn, and can move that number of civilians however • they like
(within reason).  Therefore, Team ADP Police may move civilians into • shelter,
and out of the conflict, representing fleeing citizenry seeking safety. • On the
other hand, team Villian may have civilians "panic" and run in front of • Team ADP
Police, into lines of fire, and so on.  Team Vigilante will probably want • to
have civilians in their control line up to receive autographs from the
Lawbreaking Justice Enforcers.

Hmmm.  I like this idea.  I was thinking along the lines of what we did for
the TL6 modular game where there was two teams plus and "independent."  In
this case, I was thinking the independent would be some mega-corporation
with some niffty Boomer-like weapons.  Your suggestions above are more in
line with BGC, though.

I do like the general idea of a set of "rules" which the teams live by,
*but* I think the villians need one too.  They must be there for a reason
and presumeably just wnat to get the job done (obtain new plans, remove some
politician who's reforms would hurt the company they represent, ingore
anything that isn't an immediate threat, must waste an entire turn before
destroying a vigilante unit explaining all of their diabolical plans so that
help can get their in time for a rescue, etc.).

Actually, what Joe's saying is perfect, too ... the ADP Police were • separate
from the regular police, so the World City Fuzz could be pleasantly • bumbling and
comic, and fall under the "civilians" or "non-team" personnel!

Absolutely...and someone must bring a couple of helicopters...we can't have
BGC without having a copter or two blown from the sky.

Additionally, each team should probably have a goal that they're trying to
fulfill.  Team Villian might be kidnapping a scientist or stealing data • disks
from throughout the scientific quarter of the city.  Team ADP might have • to
protect as many citizens as possible, with whatever means necessary.  And • so on
... I'm happily looking for any ideas here.

Well, I mentioned my ideas above.  Although it would be fun if by doing
certain things, "CP awards" were given so that upgrades could be made for
future games.  Saving a civilian earns you +2 CP, while destroying a Boomer
gets you +10 CP, etc.  This way, you can use the same unit, but have the
ability to make it better the longer it survives.  Presumably, this would
also apply to the villains in a reverse connotation.  Just a thought.

- Joe