Re: BubbleBrick Crisis - TL6 Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:34:30 GMT

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
news:HL27Bo.1vAy@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
I vote #1. But here's another one I may have missed: What's the deal with
champions? The limit is (IIRC) 1 per team, which means your team could • legally
consist of 1 uber-powerful champion and his/her battlemech.

Right on, brother!

On the other hand, Hero's? Hero's shouldn't be particularly valuable in • this
game. I mean, sure they look neat and all, but short of the stupendous • feat, all
they have is the ability to coordinate troops for combined fire-- and • that's
already dealt with since the HP rules are in place. IE it won't matter if • you
combine fire on some unit because each hit is counted against the total HP
anyway, so you'll *always* be combined firing, even spanning multiple
turns.

Oh so true.

And... really... disregarding the fact that only Elite units can have • stupendous
feats, you could turn a regular trooper INTO a hero for only 1 point more • than
the hero would cost (actually, he'd be *slightly* better than a hero, by • +0.5
AV). Champions? Hmm... Making a trooper into a champion actually SAVES you • 3 CP,
and you still end up with a slightly better unit. Again disregarding the • fact
that only already Elite units can have stupendous feats tacked on.

Anyway, the anorak inside me says stick with rule #1. But I could also be • talked
into 1.5:

(1.5) One hero per every 7 troops, rounded normally. 8 troops means you • get 1
hero, and then you've got 1 trooper surplus, which, rounded to the nearest • 7
means you get no more heros. 11 troops means you've got 4 troops surplus, • which
rounds up to the nearest 7, so you'd get 2 heros:
0-3 troops = 0 heros
4-10 troops = 1 hero
11-17 troops = 2 heros
etc.

But regardless, I'd probably opt for #1 just to be safe.

So are we saying that a stupendous feat constitutes a hero?

- Joe