Re: BubbleBrick Crisis - TL6 Brikwars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:15:21 GMT

I'm up for playing and as far as I can tell, the 13th sounds good.  I can
also bring a few 'urban structures' with me.

Are we going to have teams?  Also, might this game lend itself to hit points
(HP) since we will have very few units?

I've also been thinking...the new World City Police sets would work well in
this scenario, don't you think?  Nothing like a bunch of underpowered,
annoying belligerent people mucking up our battles.

- Joe

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message
(In Monster Truck announcer voiceover)

{[WATCH] ... as Jorge's speeding TurboCycle becomes a slagged heap of • burning
plastic!!!}

{[HEAR] ... Wayne's moans of agony as his stalwart troops are turned into • a
steaming heap of minifig detritus!!!}

{[SMELL] ... the fear and garlic pickle spears on Dan's breath!!!}

{[FEEL] ... the tension as Joe calmly pulls out his *&%#&*) female Chakram
chucker and tries to explain that she's been reborn as a Boomer!!!}

{[EXPERIENCE] ... Bubblebrick Crisis!!!}

So far, it looks as though September 13th works for people.  As for • location,
I'm more than willing to host, if people don't mind making a trek North. • I can
also make sure that we have some adequate barbeque supplies, crock pot • eatables,
and other foodstuffs so we don't have to worry about the 40 minute Pizza • run.
We'd probably also need a couple of NELUG tables for the setup, as I have • space
but no sprawling tabletops.

If Brikwarring Amongst The BearsT seems a little too far out of the way • for
people, we can also pick a more centralized location, and I won't be • offended.

So far, we have interest from Wayne, Jorge, Dan, Jenn, and that dorky kid • with
the shaved head.  Anybody else?  At the very least, it is imperative that • Joe
Comeau divulge his secret uber-random team-formation algorithm, since my • schemes
all took on the complexity of quantum machinery.  And Joe, don't feed us • some
line about how you drew names out of a hat, because I *know* there had to • be
some sneaky mathematical basis for choosing ... don't worry, though, we • still
have some time before we need to divvy out teams.

By the way, Kudo's to Jorge for bringing his recent constructs to the • meeting
Monday.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Suggestions?  Scalding Commentaries?

-s

In Summary:

DATE:  September TBD, 2003
TL: 6
Budget per person: 150 CP
Teams:  TBD
Environs:  Urban

Anything else?

-s

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
It's been far too long since we last played Brikwars.  Dan's incessant
drooling over the prospect of another game had inspired my to stand • up, mop
off, and try to get the ball rolling.  I mean, it's not as if we have
anything else on our plates at the moment, is it?

So I'm soliciting ideas on what the next game should be, and be like. • I'm
throwing out an idea here, but I'd welcome support, refutation, or
alternative ideas:

Tek Level:  TL 5 or 6
Budget: 150 or 200 CP
Environs:  Urban/City

I've been on a big BubbleGum Crisis (http://www.megatokyobgc.net/) • kick
lately, so I'm envisioning different groups running around with • different
agendas.  For example:

Authorities:  Trying to reign in mayhem and take down
disturbers-of-the-peace

Vigilantes:  Trying not to take down authorities or civilians, but • trying to
take down subversive elements

Subversive Elements:  Trying to accomplish their own evil ends, • couldn't
care less about authorities or collateral damage.  Would also love the
chance to take down vigilantes

And, of course, power armor, robots, and vehicles would be encouraged! • The
caveat is that with such a small budget allowance per player, these
represent significant investments.  On the other hand, we can have • fast and
furious turns if everybody only has a couple of troops, plus we can • endow
each trooper with personalities that makes their unavoidable demise • all that
much more spectacular and painful.