Re: BubbleBrick Crisis - TL6 Brikwars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:45:28 GMT

I'm in.  Just let me know what i need to build for a team.  Or what i need
to consider when thinking of a team.

-tk

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message
(In Monster Truck announcer voiceover)

{[WATCH] ... as Jorge's speeding TurboCycle becomes a slagged heap of • burning
plastic!!!}

{[HEAR] ... Wayne's moans of agony as his stalwart troops are turned into • a
steaming heap of minifig detritus!!!}

{[SMELL] ... the fear and garlic pickle spears on Dan's breath!!!}

{[FEEL] ... the tension as Joe calmly pulls out his *&%#&*) female Chakram
chucker and tries to explain that she's been reborn as a Boomer!!!}

{[EXPERIENCE] ... Bubblebrick Crisis!!!}

So far, it looks as though September 13th works for people.  As for • location,
I'm more than willing to host, if people don't mind making a trek North. • I can
also make sure that we have some adequate barbeque supplies, crock pot • eatables,
and other foodstuffs so we don't have to worry about the 40 minute Pizza • run.
We'd probably also need a couple of NELUG tables for the setup, as I have • space
but no sprawling tabletops.

If Brikwarring Amongst The BearsT seems a little too far out of the way • for
people, we can also pick a more centralized location, and I won't be • offended.

So far, we have interest from Wayne, Jorge, Dan, Jenn, and that dorky kid • with
the shaved head.  Anybody else?  At the very least, it is imperative that • Joe
Comeau divulge his secret uber-random team-formation algorithm, since my • schemes
all took on the complexity of quantum machinery.  And Joe, don't feed us • some
line about how you drew names out of a hat, because I *know* there had to • be
some sneaky mathematical basis for choosing ... don't worry, though, we • still
have some time before we need to divvy out teams.

By the way, Kudo's to Jorge for bringing his recent constructs to the • meeting
Monday.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Suggestions?  Scalding Commentaries?

-s

In Summary:

DATE:  September TBD, 2003
TL: 6
Budget per person: 150 CP
Teams:  TBD
Environs:  Urban

Anything else?

-s

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
It's been far too long since we last played Brikwars.  Dan's incessant
drooling over the prospect of another game had inspired my to stand • up, mop
off, and try to get the ball rolling.  I mean, it's not as if we have
anything else on our plates at the moment, is it?

So I'm soliciting ideas on what the next game should be, and be like. • I'm
throwing out an idea here, but I'd welcome support, refutation, or
alternative ideas:

Tek Level:  TL 5 or 6
Budget: 150 or 200 CP
Environs:  Urban/City

I've been on a big BubbleGum Crisis (http://www.megatokyobgc.net/) • kick
lately, so I'm envisioning different groups running around with • different
agendas.  For example:

Authorities:  Trying to reign in mayhem and take down
disturbers-of-the-peace

Vigilantes:  Trying not to take down authorities or civilians, but • trying to
take down subversive elements

Subversive Elements:  Trying to accomplish their own evil ends, • couldn't
care less about authorities or collateral damage.  Would also love the
chance to take down vigilantes

And, of course, power armor, robots, and vehicles would be encouraged! • The
caveat is that with such a small budget allowance per player, these
represent significant investments.  On the other hand, we can have • fast and
furious turns if everybody only has a couple of troops, plus we can • endow
each trooper with personalities that makes their unavoidable demise • all that
much more spectacular and painful.