Re: BubbleBrick Crisis - TL6 Brikwars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau wrote:

Are we going to have teams?

Could we set it up similar to the super heroes game where we all worked
together.  If some one else is willing to work with me to come up with a good
opposing team, I would be willing to control them during the game in addition
to my one Mech.  I'm very good at being netural when playing both sides.

I think there should definitely be teams ... much of the fun comes from pitting
your strategic prowess against that of the others.  Besides, you of all people
should recall that even people who are supposed to be working together may
occasionally ... deviate ... and attack teammates!!  And that is, truly, a
beautiful thing.

Also, might this game lend itself to hit points (HP) since we will have
very few units?

Since I'm using all of my CP on one unit, I would prefer to use hit points so
that I can last longer than my usual 3 turns.

I'm definitely up for this ... especially since most people will only have a
handful of troops, at most (and in some cases, only one!)  Note that the
information on Hitpoints can be found in section 1.3 of the Brikwars rules.
Some things to keep in mind if we all decide to go this route:

(1) AV no longer has any application when you use hit points.  Basically, if the
attacker fulfills the UR requirement, the hit *will* deduct damage from the
target.  In this way, even a firebreathing dragon could be killed eventually
base on repeated punches.

(2) Mechs and vehicles, when destroyed, explode in a fireball with damage equal
to their AV (or their AV equivalent if hit points are also applied to vehicles,
which is a possibility).  In many cases, this will still be enough to vaporize
characters, even if they have hit points.  My suggestion: stay out of
unbelievably huge fireballs.

-s