Subject:
BubbleBrick Crisis - TL6 Brikwars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:59:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Wayne McCaul wrote:
Sooo... is there any more chit-chat progress on this that's not making it to
the boards? Or maybe Jonathan's idea?

Is there some kind of general TL5/6 mayhem in the near future?

I do hope so ... there hasn't been much discussion the past couple weeks on it,
since people were getting ready to run off to Brickfest, travelling to and from
Brickfest, attending Brickfest, or recuperating from Brickfest.  But now that
that seems to be winding down ...

Actually, I've ben working on some more buildings and scenery for the upcoming
game.  I've been tentatively trying to keep September open, but I guess it's
time to try and figure out a date that works.  I believe that I am available all
four weekends:

6th
13th
20th
27th

but I'm checking on that to make sure.

So far, the consensus has been towards TL 5 or 6, ala BubbleGum Crisis.  With
small CP caps.  Preliminarily, shall we say there's a 150 CP cap per person?  We
can adjust this as people start to build.  Or would people prefer something
slightly larger or smaller?

So ... other than Wayne and I, who wants to play?  And what weekend looks good
for people?

Power Armor, troops, small vehicles!  Buildings with detailed and accessible
interiors!  The small budgets won't allow for anything too blastariffic, which
is better for street fighting anyway.

In Summary:

DATE:  September TBD, 2003
TL: 6
Budget per person: 150 CP
Teams:  TBD
Environs:  Urban

Anything else?

-s

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
It's been far too long since we last played Brikwars.  Dan's incessant
drooling over the prospect of another game had inspired my to stand up, mop
off, and try to get the ball rolling.  I mean, it's not as if we have
anything else on our plates at the moment, is it?

So I'm soliciting ideas on what the next game should be, and be like.  I'm
throwing out an idea here, but I'd welcome support, refutation, or
alternative ideas:

Tek Level:  TL 5 or 6
Budget: 150 or 200 CP
Environs:  Urban/City

I've been on a big BubbleGum Crisis (http://www.megatokyobgc.net/) kick
lately, so I'm envisioning different groups running around with different
agendas.  For example:

Authorities:  Trying to reign in mayhem and take down disturbers-of-the-peace

Vigilantes:  Trying not to take down authorities or civilians, but trying to
take down subversive elements

Subversive Elements:  Trying to accomplish their own evil ends, couldn't care
less about authorities or collateral damage.  Would also love the chance to
take down vigilantes

And, of course, power armor, robots, and vehicles would be encouraged!  The
caveat is that with such a small budget allowance per player, these represent
significant investments.  On the other hand, we can have fast and furious
turns if everybody only has a couple of troops, plus we can endow each
trooper with personalities that makes their unavoidable demise all that much
more spectacular and painful.