Re: It's been too long ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:37:21 GMT

Push, Here's my attempt at keeping the ball moving.

I have a part of a larger game that was created as a Tek 2, but I think we could
do it at any tek level.  It is the classic Minotaur's Labyrinth.

Everyone starts at the beginning of the maze with one trooper, who is lightly
armed.  As they move through the maze they can pick up items to help them over
come the many challenges in the maze.  At the end of the maze is the exit, but
it is blocked by a large creature.  To defeat this creature one of the players
must find and dawn the special armor and weapons.  Only then will he have the
strength to defeat the beast.

Couple of stats that I was thinking for this game:
-Hit points for the creature and troops
-16x16 Modular maze sections (Maybe larger if we use Mechs)
-Possibly a 3D maze
-Each Module will be covered to hide the path of the maze.
-Several Modules will have challenges or booby traps.

How does this concept sound?

I'm very good at playing both sides so I'm more than willing to volunteer to
design the maze and assign sections to players, but I'm not sure if I could come
up with good booby traps or challenges.

Tek Level:  TL 5 or 6
Budget: 150 or 200 CP
Environs:  Urban/City

I could also go for this.  We can use a similar layout to the super heroes game.
Depending on how many participants there are I might reduce the cp even lower
per person (one or two big troopers per person).

Authorities:  Trying to reign in mayhem and take down disturbers-of-the-peace

Vigilantes:  Trying not to take down authorities or civilians, but trying to
take down subversive elements

Subversive Elements:  Trying to accomplish their own evil ends, couldn't care
less about authorities or collateral damage.  Would also love the chance to
take down vigilantes

And, of course, power armor, robots, and vehicles would be encouraged!  The
caveat is that with such a small budget allowance per player, these represent
significant investments.  On the other hand, we can have fast and furious
turns. if everybody only has a couple of troops, plus we can endow each
trooper with personalities that makes their unavoidable demise all that much
more spectacular and painful.

I'm not a really big Mecha person.  The last one I built blew up on the first
turn, but I tend to like balls of fire for some reason.

Jonathan