Subject:
It's been too long ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:13:37 GMT

It's been far too long since we last played Brikwars.  Dan's incessant drooling
over the prospect of another game had inspired my to stand up, mop off, and try
to get the ball rolling.  I mean, it's not as if we have anything else on our
plates at the moment, is it?

So I'm soliciting ideas on what the next game should be, and be like.  I'm
throwing out an idea here, but I'd welcome support, refutation, or alternative
ideas:

Tek Level:  TL 5 or 6
Budget: 150 or 200 CP
Environs:  Urban/City

I've been on a big BubbleGum Crisis (http://www.megatokyobgc.net/) kick lately,
so I'm envisioning different groups running around with different agendas.  For
example:

Authorities:  Trying to reign in mayhem and take down disturbers-of-the-peace

Vigilantes:  Trying not to take down authorities or civilians, but trying to
take down subversive elements

Subversive Elements:  Trying to accomplish their own evil ends, couldn't care
less about authorities or collateral damage.  Would also love the chance to take
down vigilantes

And, of course, power armor, robots, and vehicles would be encouraged!  The
caveat is that with such a small budget allowance per player, these represent
significant investments.  On the other hand, we can have fast and furious turns
if everybody only has a couple of troops, plus we can endow each trooper with
personalities that makes their unavoidable demise all that much more spectacular
and painful.

Alternatively, Dave had mentioned a Matrix-type game, where stupendous feats and
spider gymnastix become the order of the day ... I know this type of game has
been played before, with positive reviews (there was discussion of it over at
the Brikwars yahoo group).

I know there area a couple of small things coming up (Road Show, Brickfest,
etc), but it's never too early to begin building, and it's certainly never too
early to begin planning.  So what might other people think?

-s

Re: It's been too long ...
I know there area a couple of small things coming up (Road Show, Brickfest,
etc), but it's never too early to begin building, and it's certainly never
too
early to begin planning.  So what might other people think?

I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to send my OWN troops into battle, but I'm definetly
interested.  I do feel more confident sending someone elses troops though :)

Re: It's been too long ...