 Events / BrickFest / 2313
Re: general session starting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:28:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Mark Herzberg wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
A great example of what I’m talking about is the color change. The honest answer
on why the color change was made was the same thing I first posted on LUGNET:
the design lab felt that the new colors were less “dirty” and more appealing to
kids. It wasn’t a money issue, it was a quality issue, or at least the design
lab’s vision of quality. There isn’t anything I’m hiding, it wasn’t a cost
issue, and it wasn’t anything to do with being able to get the ABS.

I can see how the new colours may be more appealing, but I don't buy that as a
valid excuse and I am sick of reading it here. As if this would ever happen:

Mom: "Hey son, do you like this new LEGO Star Wars set?"
Son: "No, the tone of the light and dark greys is not vivid enough for me, it
lacks appeal. I want that Belville set with bright and appealing colours."

Give me a break.

Accusing someone of lying is serious. TLC and the people of Lego Direct do not
have a history of lying. Everything I have seen in the last 2 years shows that
Brad and Jake to be honest and straightforward. When they can't answer a
question, they say why, or they come back later with an answer. Why would they
start lying now?