 Events / BrickFest / 2284
Re: general session starting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:36:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

   And then you (TLC) shattered it all to pieces. With one silly decision you made me lose my trust in the evergrowing relationship between me and LEGO. And yes, I’m speaking of the grey-change. How am I supposed to trust you anymore? You may develop great AFOL bounding programs and awesome community features. The community is nice and I like how things turn to good account. But it is only the hull. The more important core is the brick, and THAT you changed. I may sound pathetic but I honestly feel like this:

I have to agree with you Jojo. Gray is the one color I will never have enough of. Now it is impossible to ever purchase anything but the neon pink tinted gray. I am very concerned that when the Bionicle fad dies (as all fads do) the LEGO Company will have nothing to stand on because they have alienated thier core market of kids who like construction toys. Quite frankly I do not think the wants of AFOLs are significantly different than those of the kids who like construction toys. Of course the best brick based construction sets (design-wise) are not currently made by LEGO, and that is just sad.

-Mike Petrucelli