 Events / BrickFest / 2312
Re: general session starting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:52:40 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christian Treczoks wrote:

Regardless of how honest your answer (and the whole affair) was, it was
communicated in a way that left way more questions than answers. Taking
into account how deep into the core of the very idea of LEGO this change
strikes, a "some kids liked the new colour better than the old one"
sounded very, very much like a "these are not my drugs, officer" kind of
excuse.

It only sounded like that because you were so upset about losing the colors.
Seemed totally reasonable to me.

I dont't blame you for the change, and I don't blame you for not warning
early (you propably did not know before you were told about the change
by AFOLs/customers). But from the moment the issue reached you, you
should have communicated it better (besides fighting with claws and
teeth against the very idea).

They did communicate it! The thread is still there! But people disbelieved them!

Like in "Look, more colours got the boot!" and "The 2x4 is gone for
good!"? Or more like "Our new super product: a BobTheBuilder Mecha
following the Bionicle and Knights Kingdom line".

Sorry for sounding pessimistic, but all Jake could do was to confirm my
worst fears.

Oh Christian, what about the new Designer sets? Don't you think they are worth a
look? And plenty of 2x4s in the interesting new tubs that always seem to be
turning up.

To be honest if I was a Castle or Pirates fan, I would be a lil disappointed
this year. But look at some of the other new sets!