 Events / BrickFest / 2252
Re: General session Q&A
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:27:49 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Q: Nik Pieniazek: Skin tones, saw them in HP? The brickswest Q&A said only real
people get skin tones...
A: yes, HP has skin tones... we thought long and hard about this at NBA time...
We do not yellow to mean white. We want it to be generic. So ANY thing with a
real person, or a character will be flesh tone... but alpha team and world city
will be skin tones... duplo has had skin tones, remember.

One thing to add to this, Jake passed around a couple of the new Harry Potter
minifigs. This was the extent of the "new set revealing" that was done. I
suspect we will not see as much of the new set revealing. In one way it's a
bummer to not get to see a new set in person. On the other hand, this revealing
has been replaced with much more open previews hosted by various fan sites,
which provides an opportunity to see more sets, and for all of us to see them.

Frank