 LEGO Company / 934
Re: General session Q&A
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:09:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Paulo Renato wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Gregory Muri wrote:
Problems is that if AFOL's took this approach, it would then be our fault
Lego continued to have a financial decline.  No doubt in my mind that is how
it would go down.  Clearly TLC has no intention of admitting the severity of
the color changes.

Greg

I wouldn't like to see TLC going down but, what else would it take to them to go
back on this issue?? (Once they can't hear us...)

Paulo Renato

I think it would be interesting to know just how much each and every AFOL spends
each week/month/year on Lego. Just to try to gauge how much in potential lost
sales the company would incure. Would it be significant?
Have any Bricklink stores curbed their spending? I know they buy dozens or more
sets at a time.

For instance, I know I spent just over $11,000.00 last year. Most of that was
spent at the retail level, but not at retail prices. HAIL, the clearance sale.
A smaller amount was spent on the secondary market such as BL and evilbay.

Now I realize not everyone here is just going to stop buying new sets because of
the color change. I for one will not be buying any new sets. Well, until they
are 75% off.

Steve