 Events / BrickFest / 2295
Re: General session Q&A
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:33:06 GMT

I commend Jake on his great efforts to educate TLG about AFOLs. But as he himself has said many times, it’s hard to get the battleship to turn. In the corporate giant’s mind, we are only 5% and we will always only be 5%. Even if TLG does consider us in future decisions, what’s the best we can hope for? 5% that’s what. 5% of any consideration will go to AFOL interests; in other words, TLG’s decision making process will, at its core, be exactly like it is now. The best we can hope for is more polite damage control, i.e. maybe the company will have enough consideration/respect for us to tell us in advance about the new improved change in the brick dimensions or the new improved stud shape/separation or the discontinuation of ...

Any company that disregards %5 of its customers is bound to lose money - for excample the Lego Company;)

If I told my boss “ups I made one of our wells blow up, but it was only %5 of our revenues” I would be fired so fast I would not know what hit me.

Bartek