 Events / BrickFest / 2269
Re: general session starting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:01:05 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
A great example of what I’m talking about is the color change. The honest answer
on why the color change was made was the same thing I first posted on LUGNET:
the design lab felt that the new colors were less “dirty” and more appealing to
kids. It wasn’t a money issue, it was a quality issue, or at least the design
lab’s vision of quality. There isn’t anything I’m hiding, it wasn’t a cost
issue, and it wasn’t anything to do with being able to get the ABS.

I can see how the new colours may be more appealing, but I don't buy that as a
valid excuse and I am sick of reading it here. As if this would ever happen:

Mom: "Hey son, do you like this new LEGO Star Wars set?"
Son: "No, the tone of the light and dark greys is not vivid enough for me, it
lacks appeal. I want that Belville set with bright and appealing colours."

Give me a break.