 Events / BrickFest / 2297
Re: general session starting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:39:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I didn't want to pollute my above post with this unpleasantness, so I'm
separating it here.  I closed the above post with quotes from Jake's notes that
were particularly disheartening to me.  The icing on the cake, however, was

"I’m working with the one and only Greg Hyland to create a
comic book about the LEGO fans. Something you can use to help
tell the world what being an AFOL is all about."

<upset sarcasm /on>
In his comic, I hope Greg makes sure to include his total lack of respect for
those of us who feel strongly about the color change.
<upset sarcasm /off>

In his posts in the FBTB forums, he not only showed a lack of respect, but went
out of his way to {mock} specific people for their opinions.

For example,
<http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessage?topicID=4934.topic>
<http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessage?topicID=4941.topic>
Unfortunately, I cannot find the thread that really set me off (due to EZBoard's
terrible search function).

I debated with myself about posting this, but I feel the community should know
the character/humor of one of our (apparent) mouthpieces.

Greg has done more for the community than I probably ever will, but I was
thoroughly disappointed in him and his trivializing attitude.  As a now
semi-official "employee" of LEGO, I thought he would know better.  I am not
trying to defame him; I hope he takes this as constructive critism.