 Events / BrickFest / 2266
Re: general session starting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:09:48 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<snip>

Something else you hear me talk about a lot is this idea of an “open and honest
relationship”. Sure there are things I can’t tell you, just like there are
things you won’t tell me. But that doesn’t mean you’ll ever hear me make things
up.

A great example of what I’m talking about is the color change. The honest answer
on why the color change was made was the same thing I first posted on LUGNET:
the design lab felt that the new colors were less “dirty” and more appealing to
kids.

For all who might hear:

In a recent talk with a very nice (and honest) person at Customs Service, this
person told me that the major reason for this color change was to match Mega
Blocks colors, because kids were enjoying Mega Blocks stuff a lot and, all
because of their colors. (!)

It seems to me that this person doesn't realize: 1) that this is a so stupid
move from TLC (once you can't beat them, so join them?); 2)  what it does mean
to an AFOL. (I for one, feel it like a betray.)

I don't know what to say anymore. Except that i'm not supporting Lego nomore on
the TRU aisles; that i will not buy new products and, as i said long before, i
predict next color to move will be white for sure. Only to match MB white.

Now, lets take a look to MB catalog again...

Paulo 'very disapointed' Renato

P.S. - Many thanks Larry, for all the efforts you are making on behalf of this
comunity.