 LEGO Company / 922
Re: General session Q&A
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:15:29 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kevin Salm wrote:

snipped

I know I only have NEGATIVE things to say about it, and as such may have trouble
in future being diplomatic about it.  In a big way, I don't even want to do
public events with Lego anymore because I don't want to be put in that
situation.  If I cannot say anything good, perhaps I should not say anything at
all, which means I stay home!

Most sincerely,

__Kevin Salm__
LUCNY

Maybe public events are what we need to do most.

As you said, LEGO is doing a rather poor job getting word out to the public of
this color change.  I have told many of my cousin's kids if they buy a new set
with grey bricks it might not match what they have.

Events give us AFOLs who do these shows the opportunity to tell the public of
this screw up.  Right now, it appears only those who are on LUGNET and similar
sites are making our opinions expressed to LEGO.  But as for that kid looking at
the sets in a Target, TRU, wherever, he has no clue of this color change.  At
events or stores we can tell those kids (or better yet their parents!) what they
will get if they buy that new set.

Someone has to educate the consumer and if it's not LEGO or us, who will it be??

Adr.