 Events / BrickFest / 2247
Re: general session starting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:47:49 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello!

   • Europeans start working on EuroBricks, a potential organization of organizations

Huh? Never heard about this before.

   • First German public event took place with huge numbers and amazing detail

That I am aware of :)
Though the 1000steine-Land in Berlin has not been the first event. But that’s a different story.

   In 2004, LEGO Community Development, also known as LCD, is focused on one main goal: help build and maintain relationships with our core consumers. You. ... But this is a relationship, and relationships are long term. In order to do anything long term, you’re going to have hits and misses. Together, we’re going to fall but not fail.

In my case it’s a relationship over 25 years, if I count Duplo in ;)
I’ve been a LEGO fan, a supporter and a promoter for almost all my life. Even if some products grew worse, the models grew less appealing and the piececount get smaller and smaller due to bigger and bigger parts I never lost faith in the LEGO company. LEGO was my love.

And then you (TLC) shattered it all to pieces. With one silly decision you made me lose my trust in the evergrowing relationship between me and LEGO. And yes, I’m speaking of the grey-change. How am I supposed to trust you anymore? You may develop great AFOL bounding programs and awesome community features. The community is nice and I like how things turn to good account. But it is only the hull. The more important core is the brick, and THAT you changed. I may sound pathetic but I honestly feel like this:

   So to conclude, 2003 was an amazing community year, but I truly believe 2004 is going to put it to shame!

Yeah. Probably you are going to change red and green as well.
Ah, and make all white parts glow-in-the-dark. That would be appealing to kids. Am I going to get a LEGO Oscar for this idea?

Bye
Jojo