 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6476
Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:12:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   Please read and respond to this message if you are a parts author, particularly if you have authored any patterned or sticker parts.

  • Explicitly allow “dither” colors in official patterned/sticker parts. Right now, they are used, but we could not find anywhere in any specification where they are even mentioned. This option would essentially officially recognize the current status quo. (I’m not aware of any “dither” colors being used outside of patterns/stickers, but we don’t intend to allow that.)

I would go for this option.

I’m not a fan of allowing RGB values in official part files, I’d rather keep it to color codes.

Unfortunately, MLCad 3.3’s complete removal of support for dither colors (which incidentally breaks it for a number of existing official parts) makes this option less tenable.

That is not complete correct. If MLCad does not find a LDConfig.ldr then you have your old colours back, including the dithered range!

I feel with the majority of the votes in this thread. Allow “Dithered” colours and looking forward for texture mapping!

cu mikeheide