 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6509
Re: Using MPD syntax in official part files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 00:46:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
Be sure to take a look at Joshua's texture mapping primer/exposition on
Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2048041&id=1532162912&l=4199f78c01

It's good stuff, and could have very good benefits to LDraw.

Yeah, I checked it out the first time it was mentioned.  I even poked
around in the LDView CVS archives for a few minutes looking for hints
of the magic syntax before the Walled Garden stuff got posted.  Looks
very promising!  I guess I'm finally gonna have to crack open that
OpenGL Shading Language book gathering dust bunnies in the corner if
I want to keep the lowest common denominator LDraw editor up to snuff.
Well, maybe slightly below the good snuff...

I do actually have a facebook account and would've asked a few questions
about the syntax, but I have trouble with the facebook interface.  It
confuses me, like trying to converse in a large chatty crowd.  Plus I
figure I'm most likely part of the problem here at lugnet.  Asking so
many questions, slowing down the rate of progress, and all that.

Have fun,

Don