 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6513
Re: Using MPD syntax in official part files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 03:17:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Joshua Delahunty wrote:
Anyhow, if we're gonna allow the full gamut for Textures, why not allow
it for the fallback vector patterns.  It hardly seem fair for you young
whipper-snappers with all your fancy new hardware to lord it over us
mere mortals getting by with the lesser equipment.  ;)  If I can't have
LDraw with textures on my android phoneputer, I still want it to look
pretty good.

I just did a quick check: The Android supports OpenGL ES.  Even the
lowliest 1.0 OpenGL ES supports texture mapping (and later versions
get fancy in a hurry).  We're not trying to shoot for the moon on our
first try here.

Yeah, I know what's available at the low end of OpenGl.  That's where I
live.  I was just trying to keep up the curmudgeonly atmosphere of this
place with the whipper-snapper comment.  Did I do it wrong?

Oh well, at least there's still that gloss map business to give me an
excuse to crack open the Shading Language book.

Thanks for that,

Don