 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6463
Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:19:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
At this point, we've come up with three possible options:

For what it counts, I'd go for:

* Explicitly disallow "dither" colors in all official parts, but allow RGB
colors (of the form 0x2RRGGBB) in their place in patterned/sticker parts.

This solution would give me the most freedom. I could just pick the RGB from a
picture/scan and use is without carrying if there is a dithered or brick color
somewhere.

My patterns/stickers: http://www.holly-wood.it/ldraw/authored-en.html (some
would benefit from RBGs if they would have been allowed in the past).

w.