 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6470
Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:27:53 GMT

Hello,

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVEgmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Please read and respond to this message if you are a parts author,
particularly
if you have authored any patterned or sticker parts.

[...]

At this point, we've come up with three possible options:

* Explicitly allow "dither" colors in official patterned/sticker parts.
Right
now, they are used, but we could not find anywhere in any specification
where
they are even mentioned.  This option would essentially officially
recognize
the current status quo.  (I'm not aware of any "dither" colors being used
outside of patterns/stickers, but we don't intend to allow that.)

I used dithered colors in the "Flag 2x2 with Goblets and Grapes" (2335p40).
So in this case no other color would match the silver or gold color of the
original part.

Thatswhy my answer, for your question, is the above one.

Regards
Bernd