 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6471
Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:45:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Andrew Westrate wrote:
   I would really rather see every color from 0 to 511 added to the LDConfig file, with a ~ in front of the name if it’s not an actual brick (or metal, etc) color. I still don’t see what the objection is to doing it like this; it works out just fine for part titles.

I hadn’t thought about this, but I kinda like the idea. The original LDRAW defined values for all color codes, and some of the newer codes were assigned because they are a variation/change from existing colors.

The downside of this idea is that programs would have to be updated to ignore the ~colors.

Steve