 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6486
Re: Using MPD syntax in official part files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:42:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
   Hey! While we’re extending the language, can we also allow MPD in part files?

This is the first time I’ve heard this mentioned. Can someone tell me why this would be useful? I’m certainly open to the possibility, but only if it provides a concrete benefit, and I’m not having any luck coming up with what that benefit would be. It would decrease the number of files in the parts library, but it would also make any internal files inaccessible to other parts. And given that the internal files would be in the s subpart directory anyway, I’m not sure that decreasing the number of files is all that useful. But I’m certainly open to the possibility that I’ve missed something.

--Travis