 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6552
Re: example texture files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:46:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse wrote:
So, are there any example files available with the modified .dats and the
.png texture files?  Something like this one might be a good start because
then I could compare the texture and the fallback .dat vector rendering.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30701291&id=1532162912&l=c7b84a178a

You can find some sample files here:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/texmapped.zip

Thanks, that was quick.

By the way, I'm still not sure whether it's really worth it to attempt
this in ldglite, or if it'd be more worthwhile to try something that
might actually end up being useful, like say a minifig modeler (or maybe
an lsynth GUI) built around LDVlib.dll.  Can it process new geometry
fast enough to form the nucleus of a general LDraw editor, with parts
moving around in real time?

LDVLib doesn't allow you to edit models at all.  You point it at an existing
file and tell it to load.  Having said that, if you wanted to do some (most?) of
the work, it could probably be made to be usable for a minifig modeler, since
high-performance isn't really an issue with a minifig.

I'd have to tweak the graphics engine side of LDView to have an "edit" mode, and
you'd have to create the C API inside LDVLib to handle editing.  You're not the
first person to request editing in LDVLib, but I don't really see myself doing
all the work.

--Travis