 Trains / 27063 (-100)
  Pics from GMLTC layout in La Crosse, WI

(URL) The GMLTC once again showed our layout at the annual La Crosse and Three Rivers show in La Crosse, WI last weekend. We won the "People's Choice" award voted on by show attendees. (As Conan Collopy, who owns the layout, put it, "Yeah, we have (...) (19 years ago, 26-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: "Caddyshack" Animatronics On TCLTC Layout

(...) Oh no, no, no. Yes. (...) Yes, I've got a video; I'm now trying to figure out how to edit it and create a small .mpg file suitable for online viewing. I've got vids of the bubbling fountain and the burning building, too:-) (...) Yes. I along (...) (19 years ago, 25-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: "Caddyshack" Animatronics On TCLTC Layout

(...) OK, just to be clear, this used sound from a NON LEGO device? :-) Cool. Need some vids (with sound) though. Apropos of nothing except that it was the next pic in the folder: (URL) Kirby> ... what a shame. One of the nicest players in baseball. (...) (19 years ago, 25-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  "Caddyshack" Animatronics On TCLTC Layout

(URL) The (URL) TCLTC> exhibited at a train show in LaCrosse, Wisconsin last weekend where we debutted our newest modules which featured an homage to the cult classic Caddyshack. I did most of the landscaping, while Ross did the heavy lifting, (...) (19 years ago, 25-Mar-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: Color Photos of M-10000 Model

(...) Nice snot work. I will give it try this weekend. I'll post before and after close ups. (19 years ago, 24-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  COLTC displays at GTE, Cincinnati, March 24 & 25

This weekend, the Central Ohio Lego Train Club will display a ~30 x 30 foot layout at the Great Train Expo show in Cincinnati, OH. The show is open on Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM - 4 PM. We will show many new creations, and this will be the first (...) (19 years ago, 24-Mar-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

I just wanted to post a big 'Thank you!' to everyone who's replied, you've all been a great help to me. Don't stop, by the way, I have much to learn. I also wanted to give a little public update on my progress - I built a prototype passenger car (...) (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a possible 'first'

(...) (URL) HERE> is a better shot showing all three of us. And the thing is that we couldn't have hooked up very easily even if we wanted to because of compatibility issues. I liked the way it worked out that your fire station ended up being (...) (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  a possible 'first'

Last weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Train Show in La Crosse, Wisconsin, there were three separate Lego train layouts! (URL) the picture> (I'm stealing a picture from John Neal's brickshelf folder!) TCLTC is the main part of the picture, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Almost as elusive as pictures of Tim using proper bricks! Thanks for the compliment though. Most of the pictures I have on-line at the moment are (URL) here> and (URL) here>. The UK stuff I tend to build doen't have steps down to the ground, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Color Photos of M-10000 Model

(...) Hmm, a 0.133 stud offset. I thought 0.1 - 0.9 was clever, but now you should be able to do three times that precision. Jason R (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Color Photos of M-10000 Model

--SNIP-- (...) Hi Bob, (URL) Try a fence> ;) It should solve your problem. Tim (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Color Photos of M-10000 Model

(...) Tim, I agree with you about the doors. On the prototype the large door in the front car is for the railway post office. It is a sliding door and is just slightly indented. The passenger doors are flush and open outward. I tried it with the (...) (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Color Photos of M-10000 Model

(...) Hi Bob, I really love the shape you've managed to get in this train. It really captures the tapered teardrop of older streamlining. My one nitpick is the doors. They don't quite seem right to me but I can't quite put my finger on why. Perhaps (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Color Photos of M-10000 Model

I have posted a couple of color pictures of my M-10000 on Brickshelf - (URL) a look and let me know what you think. Bob (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  MPDs of my trains

Hi all, I've decided to upload some of the MPDs for my trains to Brickshelf. I don't have all the trains in there. Some are missing because they need tidying or I was too lazy to add them and others because they have full instructions. (URL) try to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

Hi all, just a small update from the color frontier: A 10027 set which I boght last weekend has been full with blay parts. A 1000steine member found a blay version of Santa Fe engine 10020! ***...*** The level crossing 10128 appeared in a mixture of (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Certainly a tried and true technique but doesn't easily make stairs that go into the carriage (the hard bit). There are numerous other parts that are handy, one notable one being the 1x2 plate with rail (part 32028) but it all depends on how (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Here's my suggestion for stairs. Black or grey these: (URL) SNOT'ed so the open top points out. Either a single vertical row creating an L, or horizonatal pairs for a shape. Remember that other than photos and show-n-tells, few people are (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Anthony- Here are a couple of styles of built in stairs in train cars I have built. I'm not the first to do any of these, but they can work well, especially the one in the passenger car: (2 URLs) There several other creative methods that have (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) I'd recommend just searching Brickshelf for steam train pictures. Some people (like me) are lazy and don't add anything but there are plenty of good examples out there. (...) These are almost impossible to do (that should bring some designs (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) No, typically passenger cars have equipment(blowers, compressors, heaters, coolers, etc), tanks (air, water, fuel, waste), and other things underneath the floors. As you move forward in time, the amount of stuff increases. (an 1860s wire truss (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

I never thought I'd have to ask this question, but hey details are details, right? Is it common for there to be very little between the bogies underneath a passenger wagon? I've been studying the Lionel toy version of the Polar Express, and thats (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) I picked up 300mm x 3mm rod just in a local hobby shop (URL) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Most likely never existed but.. Large flatbed car carrying a Shuttle SRB (Solid Rocket Booster) or some other form of rocket I have an HO gauge short hopper/container/flatbed (? - flatbed car with short walls) car full of rusty old train (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Ooh, I forgot about Steel Coil cars! I had several when I was into HO. The coil would be hard to do justice to. Perhaps the stiff plastic from the technic mars rover, or a catalog rolled up... AMS (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Jordan spreader Rail Grinder (these are not really suitable for trains as they are MoW) Schnaebel and big load (been done but just a cool car) Pickle car (early 19th century so it uses the vertical vats) Coil Steel car with one cover drawn (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) I would agree with everyone that the long hood is too short for the train, but at least in person, it feels proptionally too long compared to the Cab/nose. But from what I've been told, building it as a 6-axle SD would be much harder. So I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC Brings the Island of Sodor to LEGOLAND California

SCLTC will bring the Island of Sodor to the first ever Thomas The Tank Engine/Bob the Builder weekend at LEGOLAND California this coming Saturday March 25 and Sunday March 26. Fans of Thomas and His Friends will see Thomas, Percy, Toby and other (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX) !!

  Re: New street

(...) Even more good work from you Jonathan. I really love where this city project is going. Grit and grime is an important part of real cities and definitely adds to model city projects IMO. Tim PS. X-posted to .trains PPS. Did I ever share this (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Hello Tim , Richie, Great work Tim !! One day i'll get around to building mine. Richie,in my very first email to Tim I called it a Class 38. So I guess its my mistake. Are you going to put it down as a Aussie Icon ? To All, A brief bit of (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  My very first train MOC! (well... almost)

Ok, so it's not really a MOC. But I did put bricks together myself! (3 URLs) The whole gallery> This is based entirely off of James Mathis' Santa Fe Pullman Pleasure Dome car design. I've only slightly changed it, I can take no credit. It's an (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Thanks

(...) The sidebar tells us the curators are Tim David and Larry Pieniazek (...) So I am. Thanks to Tim (not Gould, the other). AFAIK that's him who mainly manage the sidebar. (...) You are so right about these points Ben. I second your thanks. (...) (19 years ago, 19-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NW TrainFest 2006

Just cross-posting this to trains since the annoucement didn't go there... hope to see you there! -Matt :) (...) Blah, blah, blah blah blah, to try and get around the auto "you didn't trim enough of the original". Sorry for this little bandwidth (...) (19 years ago, 19-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Thanks

I don't know who the moderator is for lugnet.trains, but wanted to put out a quick note to say thanks. I'm always impressed with how quick the side bar is updated with new images. There are so many jobs that keep the AFOL community strong and (...) (19 years ago, 19-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Michiana-LTC to display at the SJVRR Swap Meet - Sunday, March 19

To all, The Michiana LEGO Train Club is pleased to display at the upcoming SJVRR Swap Meet on Sunday, October 16. Event Details: 10:00AM - 3:00PM CST Address: Elks lodge 3535 East McKinley Avenue South Bend, Indiana 46615 Admission: Individual $4 (...) (19 years ago, 18-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) It does look a little stubby--so I agree with Larry. However, it's sooooo cute being stubby :) Dave K -never overlook the 'cute' factor! (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) I think I may not have spoken clearly, my apologies. Older hood units have 2 hoods, one long one and one short one. With a safety cab (or full width cab and nose) the engine only has one hood, the long one, which in this paint scheme carries (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Aaron, If I'm suppossed to try and get my MBM done before your train is done, you better slow down. I'll have mine by the next SandLUG meeting. I'll get cracking on this ASAP, but not until after the Thomas the Train event at LL in 1 weeks. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Anthony, I saw your posts on your Polar Express. Hope you succeed. Glad you like this one. I'd say if you used to be into HO, you'll do as well as I did (also a model railroader). I had thought about building the engine in all black, and then (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Oh, yea, it's waaaay to short to be prototypical. But I see what you mean about the safety cab hood being a little too short. Don't know how much I can change in the cab, and keep the snotty windows. As for the striped portion, I think it's (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Not bad, but a bit stubby, as others have said. Try making the cab a bit shorter. That gives a stud or two more to the hood and hides the disproportionality. Also, consider black trucks instead of gray. Gray is a bit too light for most protos (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Hi Aaron, Nice trick for the stripes. The studs at an angle solution really works well. Overall the train is extremely well constructed and detailed but my first impression with that the engine was too stubby even for this stubby six-wider. I (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) As a train novice, it is perhaps not entirely my place to comment, but I am very impressed. I would never have guessed this was a beginning; it looks like the work of an experienced train builder. As I'm just starting into trains, myself, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  CN engine WIP

Greetings, Some of you may recognize my name, but probably are wondering if I made a wrong turn onto lugnet.train. No wrong turn, just a dare from Mat Clayson that I couldn't build an engine and four cars before he built a Moonbase Module. So, this (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My Christmas 2005 Train Layout

I posted my Christmas 2004 layout so here is my second LEGO train layout (Xmas 2005). This year I did a complete stud coverage of the six foot by twelve foot layout. Some points of interest is an "L" track running overhead, Burning house, Santa's (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) This is a good example of the first methode: (URL) Mat (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Strangely enough I am a farmers nephew and a farmers grandson (times a few) but I am a city boy my whole life so no John Deere for me. That is the (URL) green and gold> of Australia. I liked that train. Especially the chain on it. (...) I've (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Interesting; I didn't know that (URL) John Deere> built locomotives, too. I built (URL) this> (URL) Ferguson> loco myself a while ago, in case anybody missed it. (I am a farmer's son, as you may have surmised already) I see that you have (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Hey Tim, What do you mean "fixed"? I still don't see the train on the side bar :-) And Tim, that is, the other one, Timothy Gould, I've been following your creations lately, and I must say, they rock! But CAD pictures will never bee the same (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Very nice work, CM Tim! But please: it's 38 Class, not Class 38. I think you've been too long in the UK! Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Hey guys- Just a quick weigh on this boiler design-- here is my Percy: (URL) Sorry, don't remember how I actually built it; I don't even display it anymore since the Duplo Thomas sets were introduced. Well, back to scrambling to get ready for (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

Hi Mat, (...) Basically this arrangement: (3 URLs) (...) Good luck with it. From what I've heard of people who run layouts Thomas is always a big hit. Tim (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Now that's interesting. Your boiler design is similar to what I did for a GW pannier tank engine, "Duck". I'd love to compare how you did you snotting attachments. (URL) I'm still working on them, but I'm building some engines for a Thomas the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Sorry Esben (URL) Fixed Tim (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flex parts (Was NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer)

(...) Hmm, perhaps there a range of parts I should CAD. The flex rods are pretty simple and the tube is already done. The (URL) older type >of connector is in the Parts Tracker, as is the (URL) ball version>. The (URL) newer pin connectors> are (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) It is there for the working pistons I never added ;) (...) That is actually the second iteration of the boiler. The first used macaroni but I felt it was a little too blocky. (...) (URL) They did>. It got spotlighted. You forgot to put it up. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) As per usual I forgot to say half I wanted to so... I also like the greebling on the front footplate below the boiler and use of the (URL) Technic Beam 2 with Two Antistuds' (32530)> in the cylinders, coincidentally I was thinking of using (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

--SNIP-- (...) My L Class wasn't streamlined :P (...) I think the cone would be too pointy. The peak is surpringly blunt for a streamliner. I know what you mean about looking Russian. I think it might be the comparatively large boiler... and the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Nice to see you doing steam, one day you will do one without the fancy streamlining to show the greeble underneath ;-) The loco looks good, but I feel the streamlinedness is a bit understated, I'm sure you thought of it but I think a cone (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Brilliant! I would love to receive the MPD when available. Keep on building! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG/BAYLTC (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

Hi all, Shortly after I made my Mallard Teunis Davey contacted me asking if I wanted to have a go at making a (URL) Class 38>. I did and this is what came out. The train is based on a modified version of the wheelset I used for the Mallard with only (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

Cool, missed that part. Now...details on the sizing, where to buy, etc? I'm sure I could bore out some brass rod, but if you have a supplier that stocks the right size, it would save a ton of time... (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Umm yeah, well I think you missed the point, NO lube is needed In lugnet.trains, Peter Edwards wrote: (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

This is my wheelbase: (URL) For this engine: (URL) Train>> I'm not actually using blind wheels; I make the middle wheels able to flex in, but it's extremely fiddly and you're better off with blind ones. The main thing this wheelbase does is attach (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Your welcome, I haven't actually built a steem engine this large, but I've been collecting ideas. (...) This is a long engine and unless you are articulating the boiler you'll want to balance the swing out at each end of the engine. The simple (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) Thanks for the pointers! I had already planned on purchasing the blind drivers, but I was planning on having my drive wheel arrangement with a flanged driver first. Why do you suggest having a blind wheel first? Do the pistons hide the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) If you plan to put connecting rods on the drivers, you'll want to get 4 large wheels with flanges and 4 that are blind, no flange. The blind drivers will allow you to run through curves, and place the wheels closer to each other If you want (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

A slightly better solution may be to find similar stock in the pre-lubricated bronze used for bushings. I don't know the true name of the stuff, but if tubing of the right size could be found, you wouldn't need to worry about grease or oil. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  possibly your last chance for custom track

To all, I am currently gearing up to start a new career and I may not have time to make parts in the near future so I thought now would be a good time to let you know. If you have ever thought of purchasing custom track now's the time. I may not (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: Copenhagen S-train, version 2

(...) Yes exactly! Guess I didn't search hard enough... I searched for the terms "slope, curve 6x2", and found only (URL) this one>. I would probably never have thought of searching for 'Wedge 2 x 6 Double Left' :-) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Copenhagen S-train, version 2

(...) That does look very impressive, especially the curved side. Congrats. (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  By Air, By Rail Festival July 21-23 Open Invitation

Greetings All, IndyLUG is proud to announce the By Air, By Rail Festival to be held in Fotville, IN (just northeast of Indianapolis) on July 21-23, 2006. (URL) The organizers were so impressed with our displays/layouts last year they have offered (...) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Copenhagen S-train, version 2

(...) You mean these? (2 URLs) Sometimes it's easier to lookup a model that you know has the part you need, and look over the inventory. snipped (...) Your train rocks. A great combination of techniques. I really like the CC solution. Mat (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

Anthony, Best of luck on your Polor Express project. Funny thing - I've always been a train fan. I'm now scratching the Castle itch and have gone on a bit of a spree buying up classic Castle sets! Must have more Forestmen... -- Bryan "Anthony Sava" (...) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  12v sticker replacements

Has anyone used the 12v sticker replacement sheets sold by eBay seller 'anarchol' ? I ordered a set a while back and just got around to putting them on a copy of Ben Beneke's fictional 4450 Rheinegold Express. I needed the white DB and small (...) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Copenhagen S-train, version 2

Hey, Some years ago I had my first attempt at modelling the Copenhagen metropolitan S-train (4. generation) ((URL) folder>). At that time, I was quite happy with the result, I recall, but looking back on the model now, I'm not quite satisfied with (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.dk, FTX) !!

  A castle fan's Train plan

Hey all, Before I begin, let me apologize for not being 'with it' as far as the train lingo goes. I'm just a novice, so please be kind. Before I was an AFOL, I was a model train fan, and to tell the truth I have a sizable collection in storage (HO (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AFX Lego Racing

The cars workeed out so well I decide to convert some police bikes I bought last year. The bikes are just as fast, but they crash different. They tend to fall over rather than slide out, a bit like real bikes. (URL) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) LOL. Maybe one day. (...) Mine too. (...) That was done purposefully to mask the juttiness of the windscreen. When I used rounded dark grey the plates used on the windscreen protruded and looked really strange but when I made the grey stick (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) Very impressive model Tim! Maybe you should ask LEGO if they where able to make up a set from this creation? Or they could make up a designer type set from this: I am sure you could come up with nice alternative models: most bricks seem to be (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) Don't worry, by now everyone knows it's mostly all my work anyway. *snicker* Legoswami (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) My memory is so bad!!!! The panto is based on a combination of your and Samarth Moray's designs with a little touch of my own alteration which I meant to credit in the original post. There probably is some undercarriage detail but I completely (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) Well, just gorgeous, Tim. Another one kicked out nicely. The pantograph is sweet. Are there no undercarriage bits for the coaches? The wrap-around cab glass looks great with the SNOT dark gray curve at the back. Are the coaches taller than the (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) Thanks! (...) Ah yes. Didier Enjary showed me that one. One might be able to simulate a more subtle curve using the new 1x1x2/3 slopes indented slightly or at an angle but I fear the gains would be minimal as you would lose the true roundness (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) Wow, excellent model! I saw some pictures of FreeLUG member Didier Malon last year, check out (URL) what I've seen on photo's regarding the real thing, the nose curve is somewhere in between what you and Didier Malon chose, ie almost (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) Hi Phillipe, That was very quick. As far as I know every part exists. I always try to make sure my CAD stuff is buildable but occassionally stuff slips through. If you (or anyone else) would like the MPD just drop me an email at (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) Hello Tim, This is a great design. I like it a lot. The locomotive but also the passenger cars are very nice. Yes your right it was the first to run at 200 km/h on a commercial service on the 28 May 1967 between Paris and Toulouse. Do you (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

(...) Stupid, stupid me! x-posted to .announce.moc and .loc.fr and thanks to Didier Enjary for suggesting the train and helping me out with pictures and comments. Tim (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.fr, FTX) !

  Le Capitole - BB 9278

Hi all, Just my little version of Le Capitole. I believe this was the first passenger train to achieve 200km/hr. (2 URLs) BS Gallery> Please let me know what you think, what improvements I could make. Thanks, Tim (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Hi all! This is in fact a nice idea! But I have one comment to make: this solution is causing friction between brass tube and metal axle, while the original solution is "rubbing" only on the very tip of the metal axle. The higher the diameter (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) wonder? Way better solution than knifing away plastic if it works... ++Lar (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) (URL) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Motor dilema

(...) Anthony- DCC = Digital Command and Control, an electrical signalling protocol used by many model railroading hobbyists to provide remote control of 1000s of trains at the same time on the same layout using essentially simpl parallel wiring. (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Motor dilema

(...) Forgive my ignorance, what is DCC? I do plan on sending in my bad motor. I went back to my Santa Fe rolling stock and found all of my observation car-style cars have horrible friction damage to the upside down studs between the wheels, as has (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) That's it in a nutshell. I bought some SF carriages and Super Chief and after running them for only a short amount of time it slowed right down. The Motor was cutting out due to the load, from the weight of these heavier carriages. Not the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Rail Runner and Sticker Idea for Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) (URL) 2-wide New Mexico Rail Runner> 3 car set: 69 pieces plus 8 stickers (URL) No SNOT, no windows. Stickers make or break the MOC. Convert to ILTCO stickers? later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Motor dilema

(...) Anthony- I've reported on this same subject before. The fundamental problem, viewed from the top level, is that LEGO train motor assemblies are not reliable and behavior can deteriorate rapidly and randomly according to usage, load, and luck. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NYC grit of the past

I was rummaging around the sky scraper forum and found this thread (URL) These are the types of images that inspire parts of my layout. Burnt out NYC of the 70's and 80's (and beyond, in some cases). These images, as tough as they might be to view, (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Motor dilema

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IvssBt.BKC@lugnet.com... (...) It is by no means dumb. [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Anthony - What you described has been mentioned several times. Cary Clark reported on the experience he (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact