 Trains / 27021
Re: CN engine WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:08:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   Greetings, Some of you may recognize my name, but probably are wondering if I made a wrong turn onto lugnet.train.

No wrong turn, just a dare from Mat Clayson that I couldn’t build an engine and four cars before he built a Moonbase Module.

So, this is the beginnings of my foray into LEGO trains. Everything is still considered under construction, and comments/advice is welcome, though I maintain the right to say: “eh, it’s just LEGO” to super-detailed NMRA nitpicking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72676187@N00/113612280/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72676187@N00/111525466/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72676187@N00/111525465/in/photostream/

Hope you like them.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Nice trick for the stripes. The studs at an angle solution really works well. Overall the train is extremely well constructed and detailed but my first impression with that the engine was too stubby even for this stubby six-wider.

I think that it looks stubby because your cab is perhaps a bit too long in comparison with the striped section (whatever the name for it is... hood I think). It would probably be improved if you lost a stud or two length in the cab and gave it to the hood.

You might also want to add a bit of texturing to the cab using pieces like 2921 and 2877.

Overall though it’s excellent work. I find that space and trains actually share a lot of tricks the main differences being that SNOTwork on trains is a bit harder to do and greeble work on spaceships is a bit harder to do.

Tim