 Trains / 27036
Re: CN engine WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:47:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I think I may not have spoken clearly, my apologies.

Older hood units have 2 hoods, one long one and one short one. With a safety
cab (or full width cab and nose) the engine only has one hood, the long one,
which in this paint scheme carries the black and white diagonals. It's my
view *that* hood (the long hood) is too short, not too long. It may not
measure out that way but it's how it feels.

~~~

It does look a little stubby--so I agree with Larry.

However, it's sooooo cute being stubby :)

Dave K
-never overlook the 'cute' factor!

I would agree with everyone that the long hood is too short for the train, but
at least in person, it feels proptionally too long compared to the Cab/nose.
But from what I've been told, building it as a 6-axle SD would be much harder.

So I consider it a LEGO-ized version, similar to the BNSF and the 'Minifig'
proportions.

I've got one more train car to build to beat Mat, but I want to do something
interesting. I've always been intrigued by MOW equipment, especially wierder old
cars like fire fighting equipment, cranes, etc.

May I request some submissions of wierd or rare railcars that would be fun to
build from LEGO bricks?