 Trains / 27043
Re: A castle fan's Train plan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:28:09 GMT

So would anyone be so kind as to describe or give LEGO examples of what a
typical undercarriage of a (steam era) passenger car looks like?

I'd recommend just searching Brickshelf for steam train pictures. Some people
(like me) are lazy and don't add anything but there are plenty of good examples
out there.

Has anyone
attempted the built-in stairs that descend below the train base?

--Anthony

These are almost impossible to do (that should bring some designs out of the
woodwork for you ;) ) In eight wide (maybe seven too) it might be possible to
mount steps outside the wheels on the bogie but it will be hard to get them to
line up on a six wide design.

Good luck with it.

Tim