 Trains / 27057
Re: A castle fan's Train plan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:12:30 GMT

I just wanted to post a big 'Thank you!' to everyone who's replied, you've all
been a great help to me.  Don't stop, by the way, I have much to learn.

I also wanted to give a little public update on my progress - I built a
prototype passenger car while waiting for BL orders - 8 wide, 32 long.  Frankly
it looks really bad, not so much because of the blandness, but because of the
length.  At 8 wide, a 32 stud long car is just too short and looks way too boxy.
I am going to try extending it by 4, 6 or maybe even 8 studs and seeing how that
looks.  The car itself functions well, so I may leave the bogies about where
they are and just extend the magnets 2 studs out.  I may fall back to 7 wide if
it still looks bad.

I've also begun building the engine, and I'm about half way finished.  Man those
BBB wheels are superb.  I have a functional wheel base in the 2-8-4
configuration I was going for, and I've built the engine's cab and firebox, as
well as half of the boiler.  Tonight I hope to connect the drive wheels to the
boiler and maybe even work on the boiler's face.

--Anthony