 Trains / 27056
Re: a possible 'first'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:18:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   Last weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Train Show in La Crosse, Wisconsin, there were three separate Lego train layouts!

the picture

(I’m stealing a picture from John Neal’s brickshelf folder!)

TCLTC is the main part of the picture, behind them is the GMLTC’s ‘La Crosse division’ by Nick, and the bottom corner is one of the unfinished corners of our GMLTC main layout.

Nick lives in La Crosse and is part of the family that puts on the show. We sort of ‘adopted’ him a few years ago, and help stock his layout with bricks.

It was really fun having three layouts right next to each other, and there was much good-natured banter going on between us. I’m already looking forward to next year’s show!

HERE is a better shot showing all three of us. And the thing is that we couldn’t have hooked up very easily even if we wanted to because of compatibility issues.

I liked the way it worked out that your fire station ended up being directly across the aisle from our burning building. One person asked, “where’s the fire truck?!” and I replied, “They’re coming, from right over there!”:-)

JOHN