 Trains / 27054
Re: A castle fan's Train plan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:21:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Here are some basic examples I’ve done. Unfortunately none of these are what you’re after if I got your meaning but in case I was wrong here they are: this uses Aaron’s suggestion but I was never overly happy with it, this one might be more what you want since it goes in but still not so handy, the back of a headlight brick makes a small step and can be combined with the L panel too. I know I made steps using tiles and plates with rails but I can’t find it so if you sniff around you might have better luck than me. ... I just realised whose work you should look at: Jason Railton. Pictures are elusive but he puts a lot of great detail under his trains.

Almost as elusive as pictures of Tim using proper bricks!

Thanks for the compliment though. Most of the pictures I have on-line at the moment are here and here. The UK stuff I tend to build doen’t have steps down to the ground, so I can’t really offer you any better suggestions than that one of Tim’s, other than that you could use this part:

if you wanted it to look more like ladder rungs than angled steps.

Jason R