 Trains / 26988
26987  |  26989
Subject:
12v sticker replacements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 03:06:53 GMT

Has anyone used the 12v sticker replacement sheets sold by eBay seller
'anarchol' ? I ordered a set a while back and just got around to putting
them on a copy of Ben Beneke's fictional 4450 Rheinegold Express.

I needed the white DB and small destination stickers used in many of the
older 12v sets. The seller does not have the 12v stickers up on eBay now,
but his other reproductions can be found by searching on "lego stickers."

The sheet cost US$12. (Which paled in comparison to the cost of bricks and
BBB wheels for the project!).

The cost gets you two 8.5 by 5.5 inch sheets of cystal clear sticker stock,
with white and black and white silk screened stickers on them. The stickers
are not pre-cut. So you need to use a razor blade, metal ruler and patience
to make precise cuts.

Included are a ton of small and large DB logos, DB logos + set numbers,
large numeral 1 and 2's, weight charts, controls, dining car logos (fork &
knife!), along with "speisewagen" and "panoramawagen" text (2 each). Also
included are 40 each of destination stickers suitable for a 1x2 tile.... 10
each of Basel/Hamburg, Wien/Zurich, Paris/Roma and Brussel/Amsterdam.

The stickers ship in a plain white envelope, wrapped in a heavy plastic
stock page for protection. The seller includes a thank you / instruction
sheet.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the reproductions. Many official LEGO
stickers use white ink, which is not printable on most consumer inkjet
printers.

These are quite neat. If you need 12V stickers, I do recommend these.

-- Bryan